Skip to book content
by Emer Ruddin
What are we going to investigate?
Will iced water cool quicker when insulated??
2 x Cups
2 x Ice Cubes
2 x Thermometers
1. Label two cups (A & B) and place 1 ice cube into the 2 separate cups.
2. Wrap one cup in bubble wrap and leave the other cup in its original condition (unwrapped)
3. Using the measuring jug, pour equal amounts of cold tap water into both cups.
4. Place one thermometer in each cup and measure the initial temperature of the water in both cups.
3. Record the temperature of the water in both cups every 2 minutes, for a total of 12 minutes.
This investigation proved that iced water cools quicker when insulated.