- Be aware of the organisation and management of their town and give value to the Town Council's task.
- Value and respect the European diversity in terms of rural and urban landscapes and town management.
- Improve the use of English language.
- Improve their knowledge on ICT tools and their capability to adapt to new ones.
1. PROJECT INTRODUCTION
Creating Local Teams (LT) Make the LT and assign responsibilities within them.
Explanation of the project: - The main task: Improving your town (if possible, somebody from the Town Council can introduce the request to the students. If not, this can be done by teacher in behalf of the Mayor). It is interesting to add at this point some updated information about the current situation of our specific towns. If our pupils belong to several towns, explanations should be given in separate groups. - Make pupils aware of the aspects to take into account in the planning and management of a town (Each LT could create a list and justify the importance of each item, and later on share some conclusions)
2. INITIAL ACTIVITIES IN LOCAL TEAMS
Introduction to Twinspace If needed, introduction to its use. Assign Twinspace accounts to pupils.
Activity on Netiquette: e.g. Wordclouds for do's and don'ts in Internet. Respect and attention to copyright issues Posters and other materials here: https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/netiquetteforkids (Product to be shared in our Twinspace)
3. FIRST INTERNATIONAL ACTIVITY
Local teams' introduction, sharing ideas about main aspects that are importants for small towns. How? In LT: Creating a video (and adding the text corresponding to the video, not necessarily subtitles, can be an spare text). The video can show the pupils, images related to the topic, or both, according to school policy.
Sharing the video and text with all partners in a Padlet (remember to write the pupil's names and school!). And others will comment partners' videos.
4. OUR TOWN'S CUSTOMIZED MAP Using Google Earth, LTs of pupils mark areas and points to define their town's equipments and services. The customized maps will be shared with partners. If we have several LTs for the same town, we can divide the equipments to deal with: Waste management, sport, connectivity, tourist, cultural, supplies, health service, roads, schools... Several project layers will be created and saved as .KML files.
5. INTERNATIONAL TEAMS (IT) AT WORK Let's suggest feasible improvements to our partner towns!
Each IT is made of several Local Teams. - Each IT receives a Google Earth customized map of one of the towns (not the own town of their members). Among members, equipments and services will be distributed as topics. - Product: an eBook with: Summary of general features of the town / Comparison of the specified items with our town (differences and similarities) / Proposal of improvements in the specified areas - eBook illustrated with images (Maps, photos).
6. LOCAL WORK: SWOT Analysis (OPTIONAL) Final evaluation of the own town: eBooks from partners, own experiences, interviews to people in our town , to attain a SWOT Analysis (Stenghts, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threads) of the own town.