1. If you haven't already done so, press the "Remix" button to make a copy of this template in the library of your choice.
2. Use the guide on the next page and the template pages in each section to create a digital lesson activity book that you give to students. Think of this book as student friendly lesson plan that is like a roadmap for learning.
3. Depending on your content, process, and learning environment, determine what the students will produce in order to show what they know. This might mean they each remix this resource (be sure to make that a setting if so) or that they use another book to show their learning.
4. Consider recording your voice as you read the instructions or the prompts for students (some examples have been included), adding in videos of yourself explaining key concepts, and changing the prompts to match your classroom needs.
5. Delete the teacher guide pages before sharing your digital lesson activity book with students in your library.
Spark wonder and questions by introducing the topic/theme/or key concept
Explore a variety of multimedia sources related to key concepts
Try it out and make a small version of the final product so questions can be answered
Show what you know and apply the learning so far
Reflect on learning and how to apply it in other domains
Ways to keep going or make the final product even better
Lesson: Tell Your Story Writing Activity
Timing: 20 minutes to ideate. More to create
Overview: Students will choose a story to tell about something in their life.
Learning Objective: Students can write a short story with a beginning, middle, and end that has multiple characters.
Success Criteria: Students use the elements of a story to tell a story from their point of view.
Process: This book is "remixable" and can be adapted to meet your personalized classroom needs. You're invited to give it to students for them to complete.
By YOUR NAME
Redesign this page later as the cover of your book
Picture Day Perfection by Deborah Diesen is a book written in first person point of view.